Essential Tremor Study
ESSENTIAL TREMOR STUDY
If you are between 18-75 years of age with Essential Tremors (ETs), you may be eligible to participate in a study investigating the effects of an experimental oral medication on ET symptoms.
The purpose of this study is to understand: how safe the drug is, how well the drug is tolerated in the body, how much of the study drug gets into the blood stream and how long the body takes to clear it (known as pharmacokinetics [PK]), and if the drug is potentially effective in treating ET.
All study-related care will be provided at no cost, and you will be compensated for your time and travel.
What the study will include
- Screening visit: to determine eligibility
- 7 in-person visits and 5 teleconference visits over 12-13 weeks
- Blood draws, questionnaires, and filmed tremor assessments
You may qualify as a study participant if:
- You are on a stable dose of anti-tremor medication
- You have had no botulinum injection for at least six (6) months prior to screening
- You have not previously taken perampanel (Fycompa™)
The study requires you to participate in-person at the Centre for Neurology Studies at HealthTech Connex located at City Centre 1 (Address: 13737 96th Avenue, Unit 204 in Surrey, BC)
More study information:
Site Principal Investigator (Study Doctor):
Dr. George Medvedev, MD, FRCPC Neurology
Division of Neurology Head, Fraser Health Authority